Sunday, November 25, 2007

What a Question!

I met her on my way to Madame Tussauds;
A smiling face with waxy looks.
"Are you Spanish?" I asked,
"I am an open-minded girl,
With no political convictions" she said.
"Are you Danish?"
"A Jew, an American Jew, And you?"
"I am Palestinian, an Arab Palestinian From Palestine".
"And where is that?"
"An Arab land between the River Jordan And the Mediterranean". "
How far is it from Israel?"
"What a question!
Fifty years Greenwich Mean Time!
And zero seconds my time!"

Majeed Al Barghouthi
Copyright ©2007 Majeed Abderrazzaq Al Barghouthi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic
What a question!
Palestine is still Palestine
How far is Palestine from Plaestine
Great question

Anonymous said...

How hard it is to find one's country occupied, renamed and subject to daily oppression and torture.

AlArabi Ahmed

Anonymous said...

I would've answered that question with a another..."what is israel?"
Nice blog,
God Bless!